Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dragging Ass

You can't get more basic than that. That's what I'm doing. Dragging ass.  Chemo has taken everything out of me and my life now consists of sleeping, getting to work 2 days a week, receiving chemo, and then more sleeping.  The good news is that I have only 2 chemo sessions left. The bad news is that I continue to duck and dodge the bad news bearers, people who feel compelled to tell me of those who have died of cancer or will soon die of it. Do I really need to know this? No.  Even if I were to die sometime soon of this disease, I'd rather live in the hope that all will be okay, than in the surety that this son of a . . . . disease will take me down.  Let me have that illusion. We'll all be much happier for it.

I was so depressed by the bad news bearers, that I actually decided, considering how hard it's been for me to find positive stories of cancer survival, that maybe I could help myself and others by creating a small website of survival stories. Don't know if it'll help others, but it's helped me.

http://www.uppitycancerpatient.com

If anyone has more stories of survival, let me know. I'd love to add more stories.

And more in the good news department, my new CA 27.29 tumor marker number is out. It's now 86.5.

The reference range for this tumor marker is 0.0 to 38.6.  My number started at 565.6, meaning there's been an 85% drop in the tumor marker. The hope is that this, like my liver numbers, will drop back into the normal range, I can go on to have surgery, and then simply start maintenance drugs and be around to annoy you all for a long, long time.

Either way, I'm still dragging ass. Can't wait for chemo to be over. And when I say over, I mean, don't bring that sh*t near me, I don't want to wear a wig ever again.  All you bad news bearers, step down.

No comments:

Post a Comment