Monday, July 30, 2012

A Girl and Her Tiara


Her highness of fuzzy, new hair growth.
Well, not so much a tiara as a sparkly head thing.  As long as the sparkles set off my hair, that's all I care about.  I want it to showcase the hair I get to keep. 

That's right, kids, my oncologist tells me that I don't need chemotherapy for a while, until we see a progression, which will hopefully be never. So my beautiful, fuzzy hair gets to grow and grow and grow.  And in honor of that news, I wear a sparkly headband.  I certainly don't need a headband, there's no hair to hold back.  But the sparkles say this virgin hair of grey and brown get to stay. Yippee!!!

The news about chemotherapy, along with the seven point drop in my CA2729 tumor marker from 33 to 26, and an x-ray and  scan that show no gaping holes in my bones, makes me a happy, happy woman. 

In the world of metastatic cancer, there are no guarantees.  But in spite of that fact, I am going to take this joyful, good news and relax.  I will wear my sparkly head band, watch bad movies, and order take out Chinese food every night, if I want to.  I am just so grateful to get positive news.

And frankly, it's about damn time I got some good news.  About damn time.




11 comments:

  1. Hurray!!! Thanks for a great party the other night. Don't let Pearl borrow your sparkly headband,even if it would look adorable on her multi-gray locks! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a bit of diva, that Pearl. I will guard the headband even in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This thing needs a "Like" button! So glad to hear the news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! I'm so happy to hear good news. You made my day. I'm all in for the bad movies and chinese. Now we get to do the sleep overs just for fun. - much love, Mary-Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear. Congrats to you and you loo MAAAHHHHVELOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great news. Happy to hear that Susan. Hope more is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, That is great news!!! I am very happy for you. You deserve to eat chinese food everynight if you damn well want to, but I wouldnt. All that MSG.... JK. Now, have fun with your hair and enjoy life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! What great news! Enjoy the rest of your summer. :)

    ReplyDelete