Monday, November 26, 2012

War of the Girls

Bertha and Mabel explore their new world
Well, I wouldn't call them girls at this point, more 1950 B movie space ships splashed down on my chest. The epic battle of the pectoral muscle and the silicone beast/breast. These battles can be hard and nasty, breast tissue gone, skin struggling to re-establish blood supply. Sometimes some of the skin loses that battle, as happened on my right breast. A small swatch of skin has gone necrotic and must be removed.

When will this happen, you ask? Wednesday, November 28 at 1 pm at George Washington University Hospital. The procedure will be outpatient and hopefully my sister Meg, who is here to help, and I will be blithely skipping our way back to my house within a few hours.

One million steps forward removing that nasty, cancerous breast tissue, a tiny step back requiring that Mabel, the right breast, be rid of a pesky bit of dead skin.

But, hey, what's a little dead skin when we were talking about getting rid of 800 to 900 cc's of cancer-creating breast tissue. Goodbye death machine, hello my little plastic friends, Bertha and Mabel.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron: I can't seem to email you from your profile.

    ReplyDelete