Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Procedure Packing

This cancer kid packs light for procedures. An apple for when I can finally eat, topical lidocaine and bandages to numb the areas where needles go (can't feel it, focus less on it), doctor's orders, a book, and Atavan. Can't forget Atavan.

But one item I don't need to pack. Lisa just shows up and sits with me, distracting me, and occasionally telling a technician, "Believe her. She's needle phobic. You need to lay her down before you approach with those sharp objects."

I travel so light and with such speed, moving lithely through the levels of George Washington University Hospital, I wonder if they'll make a video game of me. Soozie's Super Cancerous Breasts and Their Spectacular Fall. Poor breasts.

Here's my question though, if in the game we run into an obstacle and someone needs to be ported across a stream, will I be porting Lisa or will she be porting me.  Although Lisa is a lovely light thing, she is a grown woman, so I might have to start lifting weights if that's gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment