Friday, March 2, 2012

The Numbers Are. . . .

Finally, I got my latest liver enzyme readings.  Again, we're looking at Alkaline Phosphate S, AST (SGOT), and ALT (SGPT).

Here's this week's numbers, after chemo number 3 which was 2 weeks ago. Today was chemo number 5:

Alkaline Phosphatase, S    130 (started at 286 pre-chemo, high normal 150, 55% drop from start)
AST (SGOT)                    35(started at 150, high normal is 40, 76% drop from start)
ALT (SGPT)                     51 (started at 124, high normal is 40, 59% drop from start)

So Beatrice the liver is doing just fine. My friend Emmy wrote a letter to Beatrice recently, telling her she was very lucky having me take care of her.  And then I began to use that idea, rubbing Beatrice, telling her to heal and that she'll be okay.

I've also hired my ex Frank, a mighty tough Jersey boy, to act as my cancer bouncer.  A  version of him is inside me, firmly pushing the cancer out of my body, saying things like, "Get the fuck out of here, or I'll cut you," his hand in his pocket ready to pull a gun or a knife.  Frank is a tough, loving man and I like that about him.

The Taxol, Frank, and my loving on Beatrice are making a difference. My goal? To show no cancer in the scan after chemo and then move forward with the bilateral mastectomy, followed by maintenance on Herceptin.

I'm in the process of planning a Bermuda cruise out of Baltimore in late October with my friend Jill.  All are welcome to join. An ocean-side room is only $699 for a 6-day cruise. 

And I'm going to enjoy the help I'm receiving. My friends Emmy and Thaura are making me dinner right now. I love Friday night dinners for the wonderful company and because I am being served.  Life is good and I am grateful. Now back to planning that cruise.

1 comment:

  1. I do something similar to your bouncer idea. When I have headaches and such I imagine an army inside me, marching to the pain causing rebels, kicking their ass, then kinda smoothing things out and cleaning things up afterwards.
    I remember reading about faith and recovery, how it's helped people, regardless of what that faith is in, it was the belief that helped these patients. So I take that and put faith in myself, in my cellular 'army'.

    ReplyDelete